Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blog Fan Milena Velba

Three, a man. The Koln Concert



Today, after a long absence, I speak of a great saxophone player, but first and foremost a great man.


I'm talking about Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Famous in his mouth in the photo to have two or three different sax, was an example of life for all. Against the wind blew, it was a free soul, scorned by critics and jocks saxophonists in New Orleans. His jazz was a dirty, messy and soul. He appeared on stage completely surrounded by instruments, 3 sax, which blew simultaneously, nose flutes, one nostril, horns, electronic gadgets. "If I could play three saxophones with two hands, you should be able to play a sax with one hand" And so it was which appeared in concert playing two saxophones, a hand ... a man who does not give in front of doom, it does not say "I can not at the first difficulty, that is not afraid of the judgments of others. A real man, as his true great jazz. I allowed myself to do a little tribute to the great kirk, succeeding to another evil, but I think I have hit his style. Double sax for the theme (yes, I did too) and an aggressive and deep content for the solo ... very whiny and impetuous.
Listen to the sample (registered Dukoff (!!!) S10 and V16 Vandroren 3)
then I leave you with a video where you can appreciate its strength. Peace to your soul, Roland.









0 comments:

Post a Comment